Initial test coverage report

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Jun 20 01:03:02 UTC 2018

> I had a look through libntp/ and tests/libntp/ today.

Nice.  Thanks.

> I will go through these and check / patch everything to be where it  should
> be, then start filling out the existing test files, etc.

There are 3 modules associated with authentication:
  macencrypt.c, authkeys.c, and authreadkeys.c

Roughly, macencrypt does the real work, authkeys manages the in memory data,
and authreadkeys reads a file and hands data for a key off to authkeys.

The current tests for macencrypt builds the slots it needs.  Similarly,
authkeys builds a few that it needs.  Nobody tests authreadkeys.

I was thinking of adding a small keys file that could be used to test
authreadkeys and then those slots could be used by the other tests.

That would eliminate some some ugly code (but not all).  It would break the
other tests if it didn't work but those tests would double check that the read
worked.

Is there any facility in the testing infrastructure to check for logging
messages?
Reading a keys file has lots of them.  It would be good to test them.