SINGLESOCK - How much to strip away?

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Sun Jun 3 01:24:30 UTC 2018

> esr at thyrsus.com said:
> > I'm going to take this as direction to start by ripping out the interface
> > directive in ntp.conf; that's orthogonal to the rest of this mess because
> > it's restrictive and default behavior without it won't change.
>
> We should consider the timing on this.  Do we want to do a release before you
> start breaking things?

I was planning to do and test the work in a branch, then rebase -i it
into a commit I can cherry-pick to the main branch any time we're
ready.  It's not very important exctly when that happens.  And this
plan is only plausible because removing the directive should be a
change with really good isolation, unlike some of the later ones.

> Maybe we should make a plan with a list of changes that all have to get done
> before we can do another release.

I want to do a triage pass over the bug list.  That's about it.