SINGLESOCK - How much to strip away?

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sat Jun 2 19:29:55 UTC 2018

Yo Eric!

On Sat, 2 Jun 2018 15:08:52 -0400
"Eric S. Raymond" <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> > You may say that can be duplicate in your firewall settings.  But
> > maybe you want to run two ntpd, one leap smeared, one normal.  And
> > you want to put one on one interface/address, and the other on
> > another interface/address.
> >
> > Both quite common configurations.
>
> For a home user????

Sure.  Pretty common for a cheap home firewall to have zones.  External,
internal, internal trusted, etc.  The external interface only using
pool as chimers.  The internal interface interface serving time localy
to all comers, the internal trusted interface allowing management access.

> I think we're failing to distinguish some cases here.

Yes, but they all need to be served.  We can't just serve one use case.