Additional pps-gpio

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Wed Jan 31 18:47:30 UTC 2018

Gary E. Miller via devel writes:
> I'm comparing SkyTraq PPS to the u-blox 6 USB PPS.

I'm still curious about that "uBlox-6 USB PPS", do you happen to know
what chipset is actually in there?  What's the USB ID?  Some members of
that family do have built-in USB interfaces, but to the best of my
knowledge they can't transmit the timepulse signal over USB.  I've just
tried that again with both the uBlox-6 and uBlox-8 and while I can
attach the PPS line discipline to the interface, no PPS ever gets
generated on that device.  If they can actually do that, I'd be
interested in how to enable that capability.  Otherwise I'm going to
assume that someone actually had a bright idea and built in a
UART-to-USB bridge that would transmit the timepulse over the virtual
serial.  (Note: It seems that this "someone" might have been ESR and it
is indeed an add-on USB serial bridge rather than a special
configuration of the built-in USB.)

Regards,
Achim.