Attn: Install path debaters

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Jan 5 04:46:31 UTC 2018

On 01/04/2018 10:05 PM, Gary E. Miller via devel wrote:
> Any proposal that embeds paths in build products is broken.  I already
> described in grewat detail several of the failure mechanisms and will
> not repeat myself.

The embedding code in !615 only ever adds to sys.path. It doesn't remove
anything.

If you worked with the default sys.path, it'll stay working with !615.

If you worked because you added paths to sys.path by setting PYTHONPATH
in your environment, it will stay working with !615.

How is this harmful?

--
Richard