Attn: Install path debaters

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Jan 5 04:24:38 UTC 2018

On 01/04/2018 10:05 PM, Gary E. Miller via devel wrote:
>> Your proposal was "my MR is trivial: leave as is, except revert the
>> patch that removed the PYTHONPATH guidance to the builder." Your
>> proposal to leave things as is does not fix your #414. I asked if you
>> wanted to amend your proposal in light of that.
>
> Uh, yes.  My proposal does.
Are you saying you want the user to do something like this to set
PYTHONPATH:

echo export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/lib/python2.7/site-packages \
  >> ~/.bashrc
. ~/.bashrc

Then, once PYTHONPATH is set, this will install to /usr/local/lib:

./waf configure --prefix=/usr/local
sudo ./waf install

If so, are we in agreement that wafhelpers/fix_python_config.py is at a
minimum not necessary (at worst actively harmful), and should be removed?

--
Richard