What are people putting in /etc/ntp.d/*.conf?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Feb 26 03:28:25 UTC 2018

esr at thyrsus.com said:
> Gary and Mark asked me for something like such an Apache-like feature
> because it makes life easier for configuration-assistant software and distro
> packages.

Is that true in our case?  It seems like it might be, but our config file is
generally simple enough that a single text file seems reasonable and putting
chunks in separate files makes things more complicated.

I'd be a lot happier if we had one good example.  What other packages add on
to ours in a way where adding to the config file would be useful?  Do we have
any extensions at the package level?