prep for 1.0.1

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Wed Feb 21 08:06:05 UTC 2018

On 02/21/2018 01:50 AM, Hal Murray via devel wrote:
> devel at ntpsec.org said:
>> So, I'm declaring an intention for the 1.0.1 release the weekend after next,
>> about March 3rd.
>
> Could you please say a bit more about how you picked that date?

Please consider this my "vote"/request/preference that releases be
"early and often" more so than "when it's ready". There will always be
one more thing to clean up.

The Debian package has finally landed (with a new package upload coming
any hour now). I'd love to reduce the number of already-upstreamed
patches I'm carrying, which a 1.0.1 release would help with. Also, there
have been quite a few other changes in master, some of them important
bug fixes:

$ git diff -M NTPsec_1_0_0 | diffstat -s

I'm a big fan of "always stable master" and time based releases.

--
Richard