Should we just remove the broadcast option?

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Wed Feb 21 04:49:21 UTC 2018

Mark Atwood <fallenpegasus at gmail.com>:
> I think all modern Windows machines get their address from their domain
> controller, or from ntp?.microsoft.com
>
> If its a snarl, Im tending towards removing it, and documenting it's
> absence.

Mark, it is kind of a snarl.  Not so much the incremental code
complexity, which is not high in this case; I could easily live with
it.  It's having the additional test case - one we have to set up
specially, and which opens the client machine in the test to exploits
- that's no fun.

Your first 'graph is something I didn't know.  I think it removes the pressure
to keep this feature.  Go ahead and take it out, Hal.