Out of date chunks in documentation

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Dec 24 19:14:47 UTC 2018

> That still makes this table a maintainence headache.  Can we instead say that
> we built on modern/supported-by-upstream releases of popular operating
> systems and distributions.  And we build test on the platforms supported by
> our CI system.  See https://gitlab.com/NTPsec/ntpsec/blob/master/
> .gitlab-ci.yml for the specific platforms that we test on.

Two issues:

That only tests building.  We also need to test actually running, and test
refclocks.  Or at least document how much testing we actually do.

.gitlab-ci.yml isn't exactly user friendly.  Yes, it is the truth if you want
to know obscure details, but I have troubles reading it.  Where is the
documentation for that area?  Where is the list of systems I get to pick from?

> Otherwise, we're maintaining data in 2 places and it's going to get out of
> sync.

Are there any other places where we have the problem of our documentation
representing a snapshot in time?