Should we have a version of bin_test that runs the installed code?

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Dec 13 04:28:33 UTC 2018

The current code knows the version time-stamp and compares against that.  That time-stamp comes from configure and gets lost after you configure again or delete that directory.

I think I'd be happy if it just sanity checked the output.  Extra credit for testing to see if all the time-stamps are the same, or parse the date and print out how old the code is.  We could sanity check the create time on the file.

How much could we test from an automated setup?  What's the docker environment like?  Can we run our own ntpd with our own config so we know something about what to expect?

Can we setup the gitlab/ci stuff to run from cron?  I'd like to run tests/option-tester occasionally.