ANNOUNCE: NTPsec version 1.1.2

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Thu Aug 30 12:57:42 UTC 2018

> > Moving to a single select. Daniel wants this for the NTS work.
>
> Please say more.  How many selects are there currently?

Three. The two of interest are for network sockets and refclocks.

Also, we want to elminate once-per-second time ticks and move to an
event-queue-based architecture that only wakes up when it needs to.

> > You were planning to do quue removal at one point.  Is that still on your
> > list?
>
> It's still on my list, maybe getting near the top.  It shouldn't take long.
> The hard part is collecting all the details about how the current setup works
> and holding them in my head long enough to make sense of everything.

I hear that.  I have the same problem.  The socket handling is the last
serious tangle we haven't cleaned up.

If you can do that one, please do.  That will leave me able to
concentrarte on the other things.