HOWTO: TOC and headings formatting

MIKE MAJOR ossfm at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 16 00:24:25 UTC 2018

Hi Eric,
I didn't hit Reply All on the previous reply so I'll send it again.

 On Tuesday, August 14, 2018 11:11 PM, Eric S. Raymond <esr at thyrsus.com> wrote:

> I doubt think either of these is possible, and if possible it's not going
> to be anything is wasy.  The ToC is generated - you'd probably have to
> modify the Python source code of asciidoc to change the indenting.

It's actually easier than even I thought. I knew this part last night.

The indentation is controlled by the number of equal signs.
== Level 1 title=== Level 2 title (indented more in the TOC)
Last night I thought the section numbering might have to be manually inserted. However I just found out about the :numbered: attribute. That one inserts auto numbers which are controlled by the title level, like above.

Now it is a 1 line addition for :numbered: and 2-3 line mods for the indentation.

Very nice.

Thanks,
Mike