[ntp:hackers] u-blox reference clock driver

Udo van den Heuvel udovdh at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 15 13:12:04 UTC 2018

On 14-08-18 21:03, Achim Gratz via devel wrote:
> If you have a GPS antenna with SMA connector then you'll want this
> module instead:

No antenna yet but SMA looks more robust...

Question: So what antenna would we need?

One that covers multi GNSS, i.e.: GPS, Glonass, Galileo, Beidou, etc, etc.
We have partial sky view due to indoor (window) use.
We could provide a ground plane but it is not there yet.
Our latitude approximately is 5150.2
A 5 meter cable is OK, but 7 meters would be better.
I have some (local) DVB-T and cell transmitters not too far away.
The M8T can be in an RF-closed enclosure, but don't know yet how to do that.
Power from USB. RS232 TTL converter and M8T need this power.
Similar (without TTL) to how I run the GPS18X's.

What antenna can cope with these requirements?
Question is not really u-blox specific but may interest multiple people
here, so at least tell me where to ask next if nobody can provide an
affordable indoor antenna that does what we want...

I made a list of parts I need.
I will test if the patches apply to Linux and ntpd.

Also I will test linux-rt kernel against current setup to see if it
helps improve numbers.

Kind regards,
Udo