Our last-minute mess

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Sep 27 05:59:48 UTC 2017

> I'd like to hear from the senior devs (and anyone else with something
> intelligent to say!) on this.

You need a steering committee to represent the customers on things like this.

I didn't find enough info in the wiki page to enlighten me.  I get the
general idea, but I don't know the tag that describes out software.  Is it
real system software?  What about devel mode?

Distros aren't going to use our install script.  They don't want to install
stuff, they want to package it up in a .deb or .rpm or whatever.  How do we
get them the info they need in a format they can use?

What are the plans for splitting out the python stuff?  Do most distros
include Python in their basic package?