Feature Freeze Friday

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Fri Sep 15 19:38:48 UTC 2017

It's Feature Freeze Friday.  The window closes at 5PM, so get your
last-minute feature patches in now.

As previously noted, work should continue on tracker issues and reactive
bug fixes. We may accept two anticipated security-feature patches from
Daniel Franke.  There may be a bit more slack around the Python stuff,
as that would not risk destabilizing core code.

One small change: while deadline for design proposals on /etc/ntp.d
has been met, I doubt I'm going to have time to do the resulting
merges before 5PM while giving the task the care it merits.  Therefore
I am, albeit reluctantly, declaring "RFE: make location of /etc/ntp.d
configurable" (#385) and "RFE: Support /etc/ntp.d (#204)" in scope for
working on during freeze.  With luck we'll get all that resolved in
the next couple of days.

The Bible is not my book, and Christianity is not my religion.  I could never
give assent to the long, complicated statements of Christian dogma.
	-- Abraham Lincoln