Tinkerboard w/ TinkerOS 2.0.1

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sat Sep 9 18:46:54 UTC 2017

Achim Gratz via devel writes:
> Still no sign of PPS via GPIO, I might try Armbian later to see if it's
> available there since I don't need the GPU and WLAN anyway.

Some kind soul read this and sent me some hints on how to compile a
kernel that has PPS enabled.  Just creating the node in the device tree
(with an overlay) is not enough since the kernel does not have the
device compiled in.  Anyway, compiling the kernel on the Tinkerboard
takes only about half an hour (maybe less if you use active cooling so
it doesn't throttle due to running into the thermal thresholds).

I've switched the TinkerBoard to PPS and starting to collect PPS
statistics.

Regards,
Achim.