Attn: Anyone familiar with 32 vs 64 bit time_t issues, or who can make policy decisions.

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Oct 9 04:32:26 UTC 2017

> python -m discover -s build/main/tests/pylib
/usr/bin/python: No module named discover

What is discover and/or why aren't those tests run as part of the normal
tests run by waf check?

> @esr I believe that the problem here is caused by differing
> time_t sizes as handled by lfp_stamp_to_tspec.

32 bit time_t should work for time up to 31 bits.  Are you testing bigger
times?  Maybe NTP Rollover?

Can you bypass the screwup tests if time_t is only 32 bits?

------
There is no reference to lfp_stamp_to_tspec from within tests/

I haven't found the code that isn't working.  I assume it's burried under a
several layers.  Can you make a simpler test?