Resolution of the library-path mess

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Oct 2 03:01:40 UTC 2017

> On most systems this will do the right thing.

Which systems don't work right and/or what are we supposed to do there?

> I have implemented and tested this solution, along with full documentation
> and packaging guidance.

I think the documentation needs more work in this area.  A separate file may
be appropriate.

Where does FHS think we should install out code?  Why?

Are there 2 cases?  Developer mode and packaging for system distribution?

---------

Comments on packaging/packaging.txt

> == ntp.conf installation =
> The reason this is so is that NTPsec does not yet have an authorized
> pool group of its own. This may change in the future.

Even if we have a pool group, I don't think we should smash an existing ntp.conf

I think a warning message would be better than installing a default.

> Python librarty
typo - no "t" in library