Python library installation

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Tue Nov 7 18:49:04 UTC 2017

Hal Murray via devel writes:
> If stuff goes into /usr/local/, what do I have to do in order to use it?  I
> think there are two cases: a typical user typing on their terminal, and the
> sysadmin who wants his system to use it.

A sysadmin would probably _not_ want to use anything in /usr/local,
although there are a few corner cases where that decision is not as
clear-cut to make.  I'd personally put home-grown system stuff in some
different directory of my own chosing, but not /usr/local.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: