ISC_PLATFORM_USEBACKTRACE

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed May 31 08:02:13 UTC 2017

> I'm pretty sure we are not talking about the same thing.

OK.  Let me try again.

Your hex numbers are useless unless we can turn them into some reference to
the code.

Can you try something like
    gdb <your ntpd>
    print /a <your hex number>

If that prints something useful, then we are on the right track.

---------

> And, I added print statements so I know all the seccomp calls are made and
> seem to behave as expected.  But no way can I force a seccomp fail.

Weird.  My usual problem is that it goes off when I don't want it to.

You might try strace to see if it gets to the kernel.  It won't cost much.
There is the skeleton of a recipe in ntp_sandbox.c so you don't even have to
read the man page.
  *  sudo strace -t -f -o<filename> <path-to-ntpd> <args>