seccomp on Raspberry Pi

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Thu May 25 17:52:13 UTC 2017

Hal Murray via devel writes:
> I was expecting upgrade and dist-upgrade to do the right thing and had
> stopped doing rpi-update.

My understanding is that this is the situation with an install of a
fresh enough image.

> An rpi-update fixed things.

…which was what I also needed on an older install that didn't seem to
want to upgrade the other way.  It's been fine ever since.

> Is there any reason to prefer Raspbian over Debian or the reverse?

I have not yet tried to run other images than Raspbian, so I can't
comment.  But a lot of the stuff that used to be only in Raspbian at the
beginning looks properly upstreamed now, so it probably doesn't make
much of a difference anymore unless you are trying to use some special
hardware capabilities.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: