logging/debugging

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri May 19 07:21:21 UTC 2017

Have you thought about logging and/or printout for debugging?

We have DEBUG and DPRINTF.  I almost never use them because the signal to
noise is so low - it prints stuff from all over but I'm only interested in
one small corner.

I occasionally add various msyslog lines when I'm chasing a bug and throw
them away after I have found it.

Would it make sense to preserve them with something like an ifdef DEBUG_FOO
symbol?

Or if (DEBUG_FOO) so it only adds one extra line of source code rather than
2?  (no endif)

Or just put a // in the front of the ones you don't want.