More desk clutter... :-)

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sun Mar 26 16:52:44 UTC 2017

Achim Gratz writes:
> NTPsec is up and running on both, but without a refclock at the moment.

I've configured two NavSpark mini to go into the two boxen.  I can just
fit them in, so they won't be outside anymore like on the Pi 2B.  The
cases I bought don't have any way to get some cables out, but the
shrouds on the USB ports leave an opening just wide enough to get the
antenna through.

After I've installed all the packages and configurations I was left with
a Pi3 that was hanging at boot.  After much swearing and swapping the
microSD card in and out I finally figured out that the setserial package
had installed some port auto-configuration that would fall flat on its
face whenever I switched off the Bluetooth interface and sending systemd
into a loop (helpfully with no timeout).  So I've reconfigured it to
leave the serial devices alone at boot and things were working.

The Pi3 now hangs off my router and will be left alone for at least a
week to see what it's up to.  I will then start to thermalize it,
depending on where the zero-TC point is going to be.  From the little
data I already have it looks like it should have very similar parameters
as the Pi2.

On the Tinkerboard I've not come as far as I hoped.  One of the reasons
I chose it was that it has four hardware UART, three of which have
hardware handshake (which are hopefully usable as PPS inputs via
ldattach).  While I've suceeded in configuring all four UART to be on
(the initial config only enabled the UART without hardware handshake for
the serial console), I can't use any of them at the moment.  It seems
that the pinmux controls are fixed to GPIO and I can find no device tree
overlays to change that.  Additionally, while I can read the GPS via the
one active UART just fine, the lack of handshake signals on that port
means I have no PPS and there seems to be no pps-gpio device either in
the current device tree (also not in any modules, compiled-in or
otherwise, which is more worrysome).  So it looks like I need to ewither
wait for the next update to their system to fix it or start building my
own kernels…

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Terratec KOMPLEXER: