Cruft: There are 3 routines that convert time_t to text

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Thu Mar 16 10:40:12 UTC 2017

Gary E. Miller <gem at rellim.com>:
> But not this cycle, quiete period before release.  We need to keep
> changes to the very simple and the very critical.

Yes, and for that exact reason I'm going to leave the third callsite
alone for now. Merging two very similar functions used only for status
logging was OK, messing with something that requires a change in error
handling is not.

I'll revisit after we ship.

Please consider contributing to my Patreon page at https://www.patreon.com/esr
so I can keep the invisible wheels of the Internet turning. Give generously -
the civilization you save might be your own.