Repository surgery is complete

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Mar 7 07:56:52 UTC 2017

> If you have any difficulties with the alterered repo, please report them.

I did a git pull and all seemed happy.  Actually, I did two, one for my local
unaltered copy of gitlab and a second from there to my working copy which had
some changes.  Both seemed happy.

Is that what you expect?

Will the same thing happen after you introduce changes to code?

I'm missing the big picture.  What is the main goal?  I see two interesting
possibilities.  One is to update the bk->git work that you did way back at
the start of the project.  The other is to track their updates, or at least
the parts that we decide we want.  I assume that will take a lot of manual
work when they make a change in an area that we have changed and with things
like the l_fp work that's likely to cover a lot of code.  But maybe git is
smarter than I expect.

Do they both happen together?  Does the bk->git update just turn into a
branch that gets ignored unless somebody wants to go looking there?  ...
What should I be asking?