argparse vs getopt

Ian Bruene ianbruene at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 21:39:41 UTC 2017

On 06/15/2017 08:24 AM, Eric S. Raymond wrote:
> Good argument.  The only question is whether the semantics you propose
> would create a confusing difference from ntpd.

The only difference between ntpq -l and ntpd -l is that ntpd has a
default in the system logfiles. ntpq can't have optional values for
horses already beaten to death, and there is no logical default beyond
the current working directory.

*ding* Oh, I should have named ntpq's long version of -l the same as the
one in ntpd. brb....

--
In the end; what separates a Man, from a Slave? Money? Power?
No. A Man Chooses, a Slave Obeys. -- Andrew Ryan