Proposed argument changes to ntpq (fixing bug #319)

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Jun 8 08:22:25 UTC 2017

If you are looking at ntpq, it would be nice if there was a simple way to see
the packets sent/received and not much else.

A few of the packets have binary data.  It may be as simple as only assoc IDs
are in binary.  Everything else is raw ascii so it doesn't need any
complicated parsing or reformatting.

We need wire packets rather than logical/assembled packets. This won't show
fragmentation on the wire, but there is a reassembly layer in ntpq and I want
to see the packets below that layer.

[Context is retransmission bugs in ntpq.]