warnings from backtrace

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Fri Jun 2 03:29:23 UTC 2017

Yo Hal!

On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 19:36:43 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> I have another BSD system without execinfo.h

If it also has no unwind.h then no useful backtrace for it.

> https://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=backtrace&sektion=3&manpath=FreeBSD+> 11-current

Hmm, looks to me like it should have compiled, then failed due
to missing -lexecinfo.  Can you confirm you have HAVE_BACKTRACE_SYMBOLS_FD
in your build/config.h?  And configured with --enable-seccomp?

Friday I'll look into adding that lib to waf.  And, of course, the
prototypes in FreeBSD are not the same, so you should have gotten
warnings in ntpd/ntp-sandbox.c, in function catchTrap().