warnings from backtrace

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Fri Jun 2 02:23:28 UTC 2017

Yo Hal!

On Thu, 01 Jun 2017 19:14:20 -0700
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> I haven't tried running it.  Just building.
>
> From FreeBSD and NetBSD:
> ../../libisc/backtrace.c:123:1: warning: control reaches end of
> non-void function [-Wreturn-type]
>
> Both are older but still supported versions.  Newer versions don't
> complain.

Ouch.  That means you do not have execinfo.h or unwrap.h, which means
the backtrace will not be usefull to you anyway.  The other new
seccomp messages should still work for you.

I was just about to rip out that code since that is the one of the
three that has no hope of working.

> It's possible I need to install something.

> The NetBSD man page says:
>      library ``libexecinfo''
> FreeBSD says:
>        Backtrace Access Library (libexecinfo, -lexecinfo)

Yeah, that's new to me.  If that install execinfo.h that is
a good start.  waf will also need to handle the -lexecinfo
flag in LDFLAGS.

> ldd says that isn't in the ntpd that gets built.

Yup, I had no idea that was needed, or if that is enough.

Do you have a link top a man page for that stuff?