Recent trends in the codebase size

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 30 11:52:14 UTC 2017

fallenpegasus at gmail.com said:
> My inclination is that when more clock types show up, they get a driver
> running in it's own process space, and exporting a SHM buffer.

We should clean up the SHM interface first.  The ntpd side should be read
only.

> The problem with covering existing drivers to that is...  testing them.

I assume a t got left out of converting.

I think it's more complicated than that.  You get much better timekeeping if
the kernel does it all off a PPS.  We can't get rid of "real" drivers until
we figure out how to do that.