PYTHONPATH follies

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 23 23:33:37 UTC 2017

>>  Some/many OS distros won't find our installed python libraries.
> If my diagnosis is correct, you'll find that the unaltered PYTHONPATH on
> platforms where you have this problem is pointing at something like /usr/
> local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages - please confirm.

Are we on the same wavelength?

My normal/unaltered PYTHONPATH is not set.

I'm not having any problems with waf.  My problem is running ntpq after
installing it.  Without setting PYTHONPATH in my environment, I get things
like:
  ntpq: can't find Python NTP library -- check PYTHONPATH.
  No module named ntp.packet

I'm pretty sure it works without it on some systems.