Comments on Replacing C

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Jan 9 20:21:52 UTC 2017

Stromeko at nexgo.de said:
> Concurrency doesn't have to be supported via threads at the language level,
> although they'd map to something thread-like in the kernel most likely.

Language level support for threads will lead to code that is much easier to
get right.

The example I'm familiar with is being able to mark a subroutine as expecting
the caller to hold the lock.  If you want to call it from outside the module,
you need a wrapper that gets the lock, then calls the routine.  It's another
level of type checking.