DCF77 driver seems to be broken

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sat Feb 18 22:53:00 UTC 2017

Achim Gratz writes:
> Eric S. Raymond writes:
>> I'd revert this, but I didn't understand it well enough to avoid breaking it.
>> Can you supply a fix patch?
>>
>> If not, file an issue and I'll give it a try.
>
> I'll first have to understand what all the original functions were doing
> and then what the replacements do differently.

I believe that the definition of timestamp_t as a union of timeval and
l_fp in parse.h is the root of these troubles.  If some code somewhere
in parseclock assigns a timespec to that union instead, that would
overwrite some stuff past that memory, I think.  But there's likely yet
another bug or wrong assumption in there somewhere that I don't have
time right now to hunt down.  The code in master has already eliminated
the union, but the bug is still there anyway.

Regards,
Achim.

Wavetables for the Waldorf Blofeld: