DCF77 driver seems to be broken

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sat Feb 18 21:15:56 UTC 2017

Gary E. Miller writes:
> There is nothing in C++, as defined by Stroustrup, that you can not do
> in C.

You know, I've actually used Cfront and read all of Stroustrups books,
so please spare me that lecture.

There also is nothing in higher programming languages that you cannot do
in assembler.  All higher-level languages are there to express the
concepts and algorithms more clearly and succinctly than that.  If you
subscribe to the hypothesis of a constant density of bugs in newly
written software, then less LOC mean less bugs.  It's quite a bit more
complicated than that, but reducing LOC has never hurt in my experience
(mostly with numerical code, YMMV).  There is such a thing as code that
gets too cryptic for it's own good, but that seems to come mainly from
using the wrong abstraction level or getting too enamored with some
language feature.

Regards,
Achim.