DCF77 driver seems to be broken

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Sat Feb 18 20:37:36 UTC 2017

Yo Achim!

On Sat, 18 Feb 2017 21:30:33 +0100
Achim Gratz <Stromeko at nexgo.de> wrote:

> Eric S. Raymond writes:
> > I'd revert this, but I didn't understand it well enough to avoid
> > breaking it. Can you supply a fix patch?
> >
> > If not, file an issue and I'll give it a try.
>
> I'll first have to understand what all the original functions were
> doing and then what the replacements do differently.  Say what you
> will, but that stuff is crying for C++ to encapsulate the various
> datatypes used…

NTP code loves to make everything into individual global variables.
Feel free to roll things into structures and organize.

There is nothing in C++, as defined by Stroustrup, that you can not do
in C.  C++, until the commitee messed it up, was just a different
syntax that made existing best practice a bit simpler to code. Plus
adding some new warnings.

You are the only person we know with a DCF77...