Testing unusual build options

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Feb 2 21:41:46 UTC 2017

> I would want my installedcode to match my installed doc.

I agree.  But use your imagination.

The default is no doc.  You have to turn on --enable-doc to get it.  Suppose
I have done extensive testing with the installed code but forgot to turn on
--enable-doc.  Why should I re-install the same old code and trigger the
testing cycle again?

Except for the documentation, our stuff is all-or-nothing.  I might be happy
if the install step had a dry-run option so I could pick the parts I wanted.
That's error prone.

It might be possible to do what I want by setting the appropriate directories
- install the binaries in a junk directory.  Again, error prone.