ntpq peers formatting needs floating point for time slots

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Thu Feb 2 00:14:41 UTC 2017

> Since it is a string, maybe send something nicer?

The formatting should be done in ntpq.

--------

Your version of "nice" conflicts with mine.

As far as I'm concerned, you can fix ntpq so it has an option to do anything you want as long as the default doesn't change.

------

PS: My suggestion of printing the leftmost N characters is buggy.  For a really huge number, it would drop low digits.  So you either have to use K and M etc for big numbers or print the low digits too and let the line wrap for really big numbers.