Fw: [Git][NTPsec/ntpsec][master] Tweak INSTALL to mention when prefix+destdir work

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Wed Dec 20 23:46:59 UTC 2017

> You just pushed a doc change I do not entirely agree with, and is
> insufficiently informative of the issues.

> +NB: --destdir works at install time, --prefix works at configure time.

OK. Poor choice of words.  Got a better suggestion?

If you specify a prefix at install time, it is ignored, the one specified at
configure time is used.

Try:
  ./waf install --prefix=bar --destdir=foo
and look at the result in foo/

I get:
[murray at hgm raw]$ ll foo/usr/local/
drwxrwxr-x 3 murray murray 4096 Dec 20 15:43 lib
drwxrwxr-x 2 murray murray 4096 Dec 20 15:43 sbin
drwxrwxr-x 2 murray murray 4096 Dec 20 15:43 bin