Tinkerboard w/ TinkerOS 2.0.1

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Wed Dec 20 14:49:45 UTC 2017

Achim Gratz via devel writes:
> The main problem at the moment is that the zero-TC temperature point
> is just beyond the first thermal threshold hardwired into the kernel
> for the TinkerBoard, so I can't keep the temperature high enough.

I've resolved that problem by compressing the hardwired temperature
thresholds in the kernel sources 5K upwards (the highest threshold is
unchanged to avoid any hardware damage) and building a new custom
kernel.

I've wrapped it up some time ago and fixed the frequency to 408MHz so I
have some usable load range to keep the temperature stable.  I'll try a
different case and less insulation in the new year so I can get it back
to a higher frequency, which should improve latencies and permit even
better performance.  Even at the current low frequency there are no
long-latency spikes on the PPS registration like I see on both rasPi
running with PPS and that has translated to remarkably stable
performance to the point that I could see temperature effects on the GPS
(situated outside the thermal enclosure and having a TCXO), which I've
reduced by protecting the GPS module better from air drafts.

Regards,
Achim.