Do Python libraries need a ersion number?

Richard Laager rlaager at wiktel.com
Fri Dec 15 08:50:28 UTC 2017

On 12/15/2017 02:22 AM, Hal Murray via devel wrote:
> Now what happens if a developer does a site install.  (Is that the right term?)
>
> The new libraries will get used by the system-installed executables.

This seems like the expected result to me. On my Ubuntu system,
/usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages comes before
/usr/lib/python2.7/dist-packages in sys.path, and /usr/local/bin and
sbin come before /usr/bin and sbin.

I would argue that the user should remove the distro package, but it
looks like everything would work fine.

--
Richard