Bite of the Buildbugs!

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Fri Dec 15 03:24:13 UTC 2017

Thanks for the nice summary.

> In the `waf install` process, after the PYTHONDIR directory is created,
> check sys.path. If PYTHONDIR is not in sys.path, do $SOMETHING.

I think it would be better to do the check before installing anything.  If we
aren't going to automatically fix it, I think we should print an error
message and bail.

That probably means we need a way to bypass the check.  If we do have an
automagic out of PREFIX install, we probably need an option to disable it, or
maybe an option to enable it.

The error message might mention PYTHONPATH.  That's getting complicated.
Maybe we should collect a full discussion in a separate file that the error
message can point to.

Do we want an option to disable install the python utilities?