Installing man/html pages

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Mon Dec 11 18:59:45 UTC 2017

Hal Murray via devel writes:
> Does anybody who wants man pages also want html versions?

If they're available I'd usually package them (separately, so folks who
care about wasting space will not be bothered).

> Do we want an install option to install only man pages?  The idea is to help
> packages split our stuff into ntpsec and ntpsec-doc.
>   ./waf install --nodoc --destdir=here
>   ./waf install --doconly --destdir=there

As long as they're going into separate directories most packagers will
have no trouble segregating them into different packages if they want
to, so I'd say you shouldn't necessarily spend any effort on that
particular nicety.

Regards,
Achim.