Old cruft

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Dec 9 05:27:41 UTC 2017

>> It works on Fedora.
> We have different definitions of 'works'.

My definition of "works" was that it installed where I think you wanted it to
go and ntpq and friends worked without PYTHONPATH but with Richard's local.pth

If you think we should be using PYTHONPATH, then we shouldn't waste more time
until we sort that out.

>> Looks like NetBSD doesn't look where we are putting stuff.
> Sorry, loss of context again.  Installed by './waf install'?

I think it installed stuff where you want, but that's not in sys.path and I
didn't find the local.pth magic to make it work without PYTHONPATH.

Again, I'm running with Richard's python-config.patch

>From NetBSD:
-bash-4.4$ python --version
Python 2.7.14
-bash-4.4$ python -c "import sys; print sys.path"
['', '/usr/pkg/lib/python27.zip', '/usr/pkg/lib/python2.7',
'/usr/pkg/lib/python2.7/plat-netbsd7', '/usr/pkg/lib/python2.7/lib-tk',
'/usr/pkg/lib/python2.7/lib-old', '/usr/pkg/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload',
'/usr/pkg/lib/python2.7/site-packages']
-bash-4.4$

>> FreeBSD works.
> Uh, once again, loss of context...  Installed by './waf install'?

Yes, it installed in /usr/local/ and such and ran without PYTHONPATH.