Old cruft

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Sat Dec 9 02:24:36 UTC 2017

> I assuming you did a test of the debian package install, and that properly
> installed into:
>     /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
> Then you did a native NTPsec install, and that properly installed here:
>     /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
> Are my assumptions correct?  If so, everything worked as it should.

I don't know what a "debian package install" is.

I've been using ./waf install for ages.  As our install recipe changes where
it installs things, it sometimes leaves previous stuff in old places.  After
a while, the older stuff stops working and I have to track it down.  I call
that old stuff cruft.

The big picture is I'm currently trying to sanity check Richard's local.pth
recipe after applying his install patch.

It's working on Fedora but breaks on Debian.  See another message in the
pipeline.