tests/option-tester.sh

Gary E. Miller gem at rellim.com
Tue Dec 5 00:45:19 UTC 2017

Yo Hal!

On Mon, 04 Dec 2017 13:31:43 -0800
Hal Murray <hmurray at megapathdsl.net> wrote:

> devel at ntpsec.org said:
> >> I'd like to encourage everybody to use it when making
> > "interesting" changes.
> > Mostly failed for me.  See attached.
>
> [93/93] Linking test-default/main/ntptime/ntptime
> ntpd/ntp_config.c.3.o: In function `destroy_attr_val_fifo':
> ntp_config.c:(.text+0x33): undefined reference to
> `check_gen_fifo_consistency' ...
>
> -----
>
> Thanks for trying it.
>
> Not surprisingly, it works for me.  Would you please poke around and
> see what's going on in your environment.

check_gen_fifo_consistency() is defined in include/ntp_lists.h

#if !defined(NTP_DEBUG_LISTS)
#define CHECK_FIFO_CONSISTENCY(anchor)  do { } while (false)
#else
#define CHECK_FIFO_CONSISTENCY(anchor)                          \
        check_gen_fifo_consistency(&(anchor))
void    check_gen_fifo_consistency(void *fifo);
#endif

Since I do not have NTP_DEBUG_LISTS defined, the extern is never pulled
in.

Not the first time thee DBUG stuff caused issues for me.