tests/option-tester.sh

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Mon Dec 4 21:31:43 UTC 2017

devel at ntpsec.org said:
>> I'd like to encourage everybody to use it when making
> "interesting" changes.
> Mostly failed for me.  See attached.

[93/93] Linking test-default/main/ntptime/ntptime
ntpd/ntp_config.c.3.o: In function `destroy_attr_val_fifo':
ntp_config.c:(.text+0x33): undefined reference to `check_gen_fifo_consistency'

-----

Thanks for trying it.

Not surprisingly, it works for me.  Would you please poke around and see
what's going on in your environment.

It's a simple script.  It builds each case in a separate directory.  The
test-default case is no arguments to waf configure.

check_gen_fifo_consistency comes from libntp/recvbuff.c
It's ifdef-ed by NTP_DEBUG_LISTS which is set in include/ntp_lists.h when
DEBUG is defined.
The default case is no-debug, but it looks like ntpd/ntp_config.c got
compiled with DEBUG on.