possible bug: peerstats

Achim Gratz Stromeko at nexgo.de
Sat Aug 19 13:54:00 UTC 2017

I've updated to ntpsec-0.9.7+1104 ten days ago and just realized that
the peerstats logging has changed format: if I use the new refclock
syntax, then instead of the 127.127.<driver>.<unit> in the address
field, I now get the driver name like NMEA(0).  I had written my scripts
defensively enough to ignore these lines, so it only now dawned on me
why the associated data went missing.

In principle I'd like a logging format that uses symbolic names for all
peers (that'd solve the problem of peers getting new addresses via DHCP
or IPv6 prefix changes), but please make that configurable and
independent of the way the server / refclock gets specified in the
config.

Regards,
Achim.