Fix for truly nasty bug introduced this morning

Eric S. Raymond esr at thyrsus.com
Tue Aug 15 21:05:46 UTC 2017

Hal, I think I found the bug that was messing you up.

The commit "Address GitLab issue #356: reverse function for restrict"
introduced a 'mode' field to restriction nodes in the config parser.
The mode could be T_Restrict or T_Unrestrict to specify whether this
node is meant to turn restriction flags on or off.  Before this change
all nodes were restriction-on.

The mistake I made was putting the new field first in the structure.
This caused it to be randomly trashed by type-punning
dynamic-allocation code that was expecting a link field there.

C.  Gotta love it.  Otherwise you'd have to seriously hate it.

"The state calls its own violence `law', but that of the individual `crime'"
	-- Max Stirner