Pivoting

Hal Murray hmurray at megapathdsl.net
Tue Apr 25 17:48:06 UTC 2017

esr at thyrsus.com said:
>> The documentation issue gets interesting.  A feature
>> isn't any good if you can't figure out how to use it.  I wonder
>> if the web will solve that problem.

>>  Will NTPsec still be online 20 years from now?  Will we
>> maintain online versions of 20 year old releases?

> I think we have to plan for a longer than 20-year lifetime; after all the
> code is about 20 years old now.

You are confusing project lifetime with the life of a specific release.

Can you find documentation for the 20 year old version of ntp classic?  (as
modified by the distro you are using)

I picked 20 years for discussion because that is the GPS rollover time.  Our
current code will break after 20 years if used with a really old GPS receiver.